- Having no internet connection at home SUCKS.
- Moving house at VERY short notice also SUCKS.
- Moving away from bogan landlord and his bogan family ROCKS.
- Packing up 100 boxes of books (this is, (un)fortunately, not an exaggerated number. I counted.) is not the most thrilling way to spend a few days. Packing SUCKS.
- Being a packrat ROCKS — until you have to move, at which point you have to clean out boatloads of crap you’ve collected over the years — and then you have to clean the spaces you’ve cleaned out. Double-cleaning SUCKS.
- Knowing that the place you’re moving into is better equipped than the previously mentioned Bogan Villa; that it has a laundry room, a bath tub, a little yard, and many walls against which to lean bookshelves ROCKS.
- Getting a rejection letter from F&SF SUCKS.
- Sending the rejected story out to a new market right away ROCKS.
- Natcon proving it isn’t a Not-con ROCKS.
- Having the loans officer at the bank tell you that your pitiful PhD scholarship makes an increase in your credit limit ‘unaffordable’ SUCKS.
- Knowing that being broke means you can do nothing but write (because writing’s got the biggest free budget ever) ROCKS (and sucks a bit, too. Trying to find the silver lining here, people.)
- Moving, and all of the crap that goes along with it, will be over by the end of this weekend, which completely ROCKS.
Lisa going to Natcon with the extended Clarion South crew ROCKS
The Bogan-Villea pun ROCKS
Getting back on the rejection horse that threw you ROCKS
Writing being a free activity SO ROCKS
Money, well, that always SUCKS 🙂
The Bogan-Villea pun ROCKS
Heh heh — thanks. I’m a big fan of bogan-related puns 😉
Can’t wait for Natcon – esp. since the fun’s coming to us this time ’round. Extended Clarion crew totally ROCKS.
BTW — I’ve only just read about your 2 sales: Jasoni ROCKS. Yay!
Bring it oooon! I’m so freaking excited.
re sales: why, thank you ma’am [doffs hat] was pretty happy with that outcome meself 🙂
Getting a rejection letter from F&SF SUCKS.
Yeah, but you’re in excellent company — and the majority!
And at least it was a personalised rejection…
I have a theory that he has a robot that can mimic human handwriting
You might be onto something there… The rejection did make it back here awfully quickly. Damn that robot!
10 days from Wollongong & back, door to door.
So the robot(s) are actually stationed on the mail plane, sending out rejections before the stories even make it to America. What bastards 😉
I reckon they have their own plane
Or, they have an office here in Australia, filled with Rejection Robots (TM). The stories never even make it off Australian soil…
so *that’s* why we can’t score! Cos it can’t be because I’m not utterly brilliant. ITS A CONSPIRACY!
*scowls and shakes fist at the sky*
Damn those robot conspiracies!!
yeah, thats the one!
I think ROCKZ wins – and think how sweeeeeet it will be on Sat night when you can relax in a real bathtub instead of that old iron bucket you’ve been using in the backyard! xxx
So how is the moving in going, Lisa? It’s gotta rock.