We’re house-sitting, which is good for a number of reasons.
- The heater at Chad’s sister’s is nice and toasty.
- The dog is happy to have company, and to be inside the house and also toasty.
- The hot water is really really hot, so the shower is fabulous for defrosting my chilly toes.
- We’ve apparently already almost exceeded our internet download limit at home — after only TWO days of having it!! WTF?!? Sure, we were a bit deprived, sure I went a bit berserk on iTunes yesterday, sure Chad needed new games for the PS3… You’d think the download limit would’ve been a bit more resilient. Since it’s apparently as weak as a newborn chick, it’s probably good we’ll be away from it for a few days.
- It’s much closer to work — the drive takes us half as long in the morning (except for this morning because halfway to Flinders I realised I’d left the laptop at home and we had to turn around and get it. Chad was not impressed.)
House-sitting is also bad when:
- The dog snores, a lot.
- I’m living out of a suitcase.
- I’m using the work laptop instead of my comfy home computer.
- The bed is not my bed. I’ve been sleeping badly for about 2 weeks and strange beds don’t help matters much.