The week so far:
- Went to see Kate Grenville speak about her newest book, The Lieutenant, at the Grainger Studio, then had burritos. Books and Mexican food — great combo.
- Designed the Movember Quiz night invitations (will put it up here when I’m next in the office). Gotta love the mo’.
- Designed the Transnational Literature journal’s website (it’s pretty, but boring. Just the way they wanted it…)
- Met with the Network of Early European Research yesterday about a potential event here in Adelaide next September — looks promising. This means I’ll be convening a symposium and a conference in Adelaide next September… and trying to get my thesis ready for submission. Hmmm. Should reevaluate my willingness to organise such things in the future…
- Had a good long chat with my mom and with my sister on the phone yesterday (Happy Birthday Kel!); found out my aunt/godmother has a brain tumour. WTF.
- Had dinner with KC & co.
- Worked on "Singing Breath" in snippets and stolen moments. I am going to be a hermit this weekend so that I can have lots and lots of uninterrupted writing time. In fact, I’m not even going to get out of my pyjamas if I can help it.
- Meeting with my thesis supervisor this afternoon, and have a workshop with the other postgrads after that.
- Meeting with B,A,M to celebrate B’s imminent PhD submission (lucky shit.)
Is it only Thursday? Sheesh.
And I still haven’t gotten a pumpkin yet…