Forget urban fantasy: suburban fantasy is where it’s at these days. What’s more, Australian suburban fantasy is clearly the at where it is. Wondering where you might get your hands on some of this sought-after fiction? Look no further than Twelfth Planet Press’s latest anthology Sprawl, which is now available for pre-order.
Le blurb from TPP’s website, for your perusal:
Sprawl is an exciting new original anthology, edited by Alisa Krasnostein and published by Twelfth Planet Press, that will give readers from around the world a unique glimpse into the strange, dark, and often wondrous magics that fill the days and nights of Australia’s dreaming cities and towns, homes and parks, and most of all, its endlessly stretching suburbs.
Table of Contents
- Liz Argall/Matt Huynh – Seed Dreams (comic)
- Peter Ball – One Saturday Night, With Angel
- Deborah Biancotti – Never Going Home
- Simon Brown – Sweep
- Stephanie Campisi – How to Select a Durian at Footscray Market
- Thoraiya Dyer – Yowie
- Dirk Flinthart – Walker
- Paul Haines – Her Gallant Needs
- L L Hannett – Weightless
- Pete Kempshall – Signature Walk
- Ben Peek – White Crocodile Jazz
- Tansy Rayner Roberts – Relentless Adaptations
- Barbara Robson – Neighbourhood Watch
- Angela Slatter – Brisneyland by Night
- Cat Sparks – All The Love in the World
- Anna Tambour – Gnawer of the Moon Seeks Summit of Paradise
- Kaaron Warren – Loss
- Sean Williams – Parched (poem)
Sprawl will be released in September 2010.
In other exciting news, Ticonderoga Press has just just announced that it will publish a collection by Lezli Robyn (she of Asimov’s fame, and a Campbell nominee this year!) due to be released in 2012. Huzzah and congrats, Lezli!