The Blarp roll:
- Michael Jackson. The whole thing makes me sad.
- Farah Fawcett. At the risk of sounding irreverant, she got totally ripped off. Listening to the radio this morning on the way in to work, I heard her death announced as a two-second sound byte appendage to the much more news-worthy news of M.J.’s untimely demise. It must suck being upstaged even in death.
- Still have the headache that’s been kicking around my noggin’ for the past 5 days.
- After last weekend’s productive writing sessions, this week has been severely disappointing. Not enough words have spilled across pages in the past few days (well, not enough words that have nothing to do with medieval Iceland, that is.)
- Today has been consumed with work instead of thesis. Considering the amount of time I spend whining about my thesis, you’d think this would be a good thing. But it’s not: I just want to get the damned thing done.
The Yay roll:
- INTERNETZ!!! I think that maybe, possibly, it might actually be true, that I will have broadband at home within 48 hours. Halle-frickin-luia!!
- Apart from a fun outing this evening to Dr Nick and the Pre-Raphaelite Ms Vaughan’s, I am spending the entire weekend planted in front of my computer (internetz or no) writing. I may surface at some point for food, but that is not a priority at this stage.
- Steve Reich’s ‘Music for 18 musicians’. Music to be made happy by.
I knows, I knows – poor old FF – enough to make you self-resurrect just so you can die another day without someone stealing your thunder.
I haz changed a 1200 word chapter on the blacksmith bird into a 4500 word chapter on the blacksmith bird. Yay. So many words when you remember how to describe things.
YAY!! Yes, descriptions are handy for padding out. All of your short story writing instincts rebelled as I said that, didn’t they?? 🙂