You know, when your head explodes it gives you a different perspective on things.
- The expert didn’t do exactly what I am doing.
- The expert did some of what I am doing, which means I don’t have to do it now.
- The expert’s views support my central argument, so now I can point at her work instead of reinventing the wheel.
- My chapter can now be shorter.
- I will be able to scrabble after my sanity that much sooner. Maybe.
I think ‘thesis’ is Latin for ‘will make you feel like you’re bipolar.’